Case Manager III – ICMS Sacramento
Sacramento, CA 95655
Starting at $22.00/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is currently seeking qualified and passionate candidates to join our ICMS team in Sacramento as a Case Manager. We have operated for over 30 years in Southern California, and our excited to be expanding our programs to serve in the Sacramento Community.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vison coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) programs provide case management services to individuals with chronic medical conditions and co-occurring disorders who are high utilizers of the hospital and outpatient system. These services are provided in clients’ homes, shelters, on the streets or wherever clients are residing to support the clients’ stabilization in housing and making it home permanently.
WHAT IS A CLINICAL CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers work as part of the ICMS team, comprised of other case managers, housing providers, subsidy funders and community providers, by providing field-based direct client services. Responsibilities include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans and monitoring progress
- Providing strength-based case management and service coordination designed to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable housing
- Providing field-based case management services such as coaching on independent living skills, assistance with housing stabilization and benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for services needed by clients to reach their goals
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
- Maintaining documentation standards in accordance with the program contract and PATH policies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have a minimum of one year of experience working in homeless services, mental health, substance use/co-occurring disorders, or with vulnerable populations providing intensive case management services
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with advanced case management techniques including critical time intervention, trauma informed care, harm reduction strategies, motivational interviewing, and crisis intervention techniques
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #2384
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.