Project Director - PATH Partners
Los Angeles, 90004
PATH Partners is seeking well-qualified professionals with experience in affordable housing real estate development to join our mission to end homelessness as Project Director. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization known for its ability to innovate and make a positive impact in the California Community!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assisting individuals and families experiencing homelessness. Today PATH, PATH Ventures, and PATH Partners are a rapidly growing family of agencies dedicated to our mission of ending homelessness in the state of California and beyond.
Recognizing that homelessness is fundamentally a housing issue, PATH Ventures (PV) was founded in 2007 by PATH. PV is now a growing non-profit developer of permanent supportive housing with projects throughout California. These developments provide affordable rental homes for homeless individuals and families and wraparound supportive services that assist residents with community reintegration, increasing their independence, and achieving long-term housing long-term stability.
PATH Partners is the newest member to the PATH family of agencies. As the initiatives entity of PATH, its pipeline of innovative projects offers an exciting opportunity to produce critically needed housing resources and enhance the experience, capability and role of the organization.
WHAT IS A PROJECT DIRECTOR?
Under the direction of the Housing Director of Southern California, the Project Director is responsible for coordinating a full-range of activities to manage the financing, construction, and lease-up processes of new construction and rehabilitation projects that produce permanent supportive housing. Responsibilities of the Project Manage include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Managing and directing all phases of project development including:
- Selecting and building consultant teams
- Design development
- Community engagement
- Securing entitlements
- Service Planning Development
- Managing and coordinating all aspects of joint venture developments
- Coordinating with asset management, property management, and services teams during development to ensure smooth tenant relations
- Managing the transition to the operations teams upon project completion
- Evaluating reports, decisions and results of the Real Estate Development team and making recommendations for continual improvement
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience in all aspects of affordable housing real estate development including financing, entitlement and design, construction, lease-up and operations
- Are committed to the mission of providing affordable homes and supportive services to our state’s most vulnerable populations
- Effectively analyze complex data and make appropriate recommendations based on findings
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a team-building spirit
- Problem-solve with an entrepreneurial and creative approach
- Are well-organized and detail-orientated
- Demonstrate proficiency with sophisticated real-estate finance analysis, project management software and basic office software such as Microsoft Word
- Display excellent communication skills including public speaking and through written and verbal communications
For this role the Project Director must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 2 years of experience in housing development, business finance, urban planning or related field, preferably within a non-profit, government or private financial institution
- A relevant Master’s Degree with at least 1 year of experience in hosing development, business finance, urban planning or related field.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2368
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.