Venice, CA 90291
Starting at $21.64/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking candidates to join our Culinary Services team at our Interim Housing location in Venice as a Kitchen Associate.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A KITCHEN ASSOCIATE?
The Kitchen associate is an integral part of our Interim Housing. They help us create the welcoming, home-like environment by ensuring the kitchen and dining room are kept clean, stocked and ready. Responsibilities of the Kitchen Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Maintaining kitchen sanitation and cleanliness by cleaning, washing, and sanitizing all kitchen dishes, the kitchen and dining area, and appliances
- Sorting food donations, assuring quality, and utilizing FIFO organization
- Assisting with food preparation
- Maintaining and monitoring kitchen supply and food inventory
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Kitchen Associate must:
- Hold a Food Handling certificate
- Hold a High School Diploma or equivalent; Culinary Arts Degree a plus!
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working in food handling and preparation
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
Effective 11/01/2021 PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of full vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #2370
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.