Venice, CA 90291
Starting at $21.64/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates looking to make a positive impact in the Los Angeles community to join our Culinary Services team as a Janitorial Associate at our Venice Interim Housing location.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Culinary Services Team is a critical to the success of our interim housing sites. By providing three meals and snacks and refreshments throughout the day, the kitchen and its staff are a key component to creating a welcoming, home-like environment for our guests as they work to obtain and sustain permanent housing.
WHAT IS A JANITORIAL ASSOCIATE?
As part of the Culinary Services team, the Janitorial Associate performs a wide range of cleaning duties to support the Interim Housing site and ensure it provides a clean, safe, and welcoming environment for all. Responsibilities of the Janitorial Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, sanitization, and organization in the facility
- Performing regular cleaning tasks including, but not limited to:
- Sanitizing surfaces, furniture, and equipment
- Mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming
- Removing trash
- Performing regular deep cleaning of all Culinary Services equipment and facilities
- Assisting with vendor coordination for cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Assisting with general maintenance
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have a strong sense of customer service and urgency to resolve issues
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Janitorial Associate must:
- Demonstrate familiarity with kitchen operations and performing facilities maintenance
- Demonstrate knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices for performing work
- Effectively comprehend, convey, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
Effective 11/01/2021 PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of full vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2369
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.