Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $21.64/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with knowledge of kitchen operations and general maintenance to join our Culinary Services Team at our Metro LA Interim Housing location as an Operations Associate.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Culinary Services Team is a critical to the success of our interim housing sites. By providing three meals and snacks and refreshments throughout the day, the kitchen and its staff are a key component to creating a welcoming, home-like environment for our guests as they work to obtain and sustain permanent housing.
WHAT IS AN OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE?
As part of the Culinary Service team, the Operations Associate provides a wide range of operational support at the Interim Housing site to ensure a safe, clean facility and smooth day-to-day operations. Responsibilities of the Operations Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Ensuring the general maintenance of PATH’s Culinary Services equipment and facilities and the interim housing facility including;
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining plumbing systems and fixtures, appliances and equipment, flooring, lighting, and other assets throughout the facility
- Performing light masonry work
- Painting and refinishing surfaces and removing graffiti
- Inspecting and troubleshooting equipment and systems to diagnose issues and facilitate repairs
- Monitoring, tracking, and ensuring timely resolution of maintenance issues
- Scheduling and coordination regular maintenance and facilities activities such as additional trash pick-ups, pest control, and exhaust hood cleanings
- Using the company vehicle to transport supplies and client belongings between locations
- Assisting with the overall cleanliness of the interim housing site
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Possess as strong sense of customer service and urgency to resolve issues
- Are committed to PATH’s standard of excellence for our facilities
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Operations Assistant must:
- Demonstrate familiarity with kitchen operations and performing facilities maintenance
- Demonstrate knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices for performing work
- Effectively comprehend, convey, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
Effective 11/01/2021 PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of full vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2353
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.