Senior Project Director
Los Angeles, CA 90004
PATH Ventures (PV) is seeking well-qualified real estate professionals with experience in affordable housing development to join our Los Angeles team as a Senior Project Director.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Recognizing that homelessness is fundamentally a housing issue, PATH Ventures (PV) was founded in 2007 by PATH (People Assisting The Homeless), the largest provider of homeless services in California, to further its mission to end homelessness. PV is now a fast-growing non-profit developer of permanent supportive housing with projects throughout California. These developments provide affordable rental homes for homeless individuals and families and wraparound supportive services that assist residents with community reintegration, increasing their independence, and achieving long-term housing stability.
WHAT IS A SENIOR PROJECT DIRECTOR?
The Senior Project Director participates in PV’s real estate development activities by leveraging their skills and experience in affordable housing best practices to provide leadership for projects creating Housing First communities for people who have experienced homelessness. Responsibilities of the Senior Project Director include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Directing all real estate development operations for assigned developments including:
- Overseeing overall progress of projects in terms of budgets and timelines
- Coordinating financial packaging
- Securing acquisition, pre-development, construction, and permanent financing
- Securing entitlements
- Building community support by working with various internal and external stakeholders
- Supervising architects, consultants, property managers, contractors, and other development team members
- Monitoring the development, construction, and lease-up processes
- Supporting the Executive Director with identifying and evaluating acquisition opportunities
- Working closely with PATH’s supportive services team to create supportive service plans and agreements, define target populations and unit mixes, and incorporate design recommendations
- Supporting junior real estate development staff to ensure they are effect and achieve technical excellence
- Building and maintaining positive and effective relationships with external partners such as banks, investors, government lenders, and consultants
- Partnering with the Executive Director to report to PATH leadership on progress and request approval for new projects
- Partnering with the Executive Director to advocate for policies, programs, and funding that support and expand permanent supportive housing
- Developing, implementing, and supporting departmental polices and procedures that promote high-quality work
- Serving as a representative of PV and its projects both internally and externally
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have an entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills including proven experience as a supervisor and a team-building spirit
- Possess excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present to a variety of audiences and covey and understand information both verbally and through writing
- Are well organized and detail orientated
- Display resilience, versatility, and flexibility
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Senior Project Director must:
- Be committed to the mission of providing affordable homes and supportive services to our state’s most vulnerable populations
- Be experienced and technically proficient in all aspects of affordable housing real estate development
- Effectively analyze complex data, perform sophisticated analyses, and make appropriate recommendations and decisions based on findings
- Have 10 or more years of experience in housing development, business, finance, urban planning or a related field, preferably for a non-profit, government agency, or private financial institution
- Hold a relevant Master’s Degree and 7 or more years of experience in housing development, business, finance, urban planning, or related field.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
Effective 11/01/2021 PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of full vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2359
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.