Case Manager III – Schrader Interim Housing
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Starting at $21.64/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with case management experience to join our Interim Housing Program at our location on Schrader Boulevard in Hollywood.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist them with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers help Interim Housing guests break the cycle of homelessness by assisting them with the establishment and pursuit of a permanent housing plan through accessing and maintaining necessary support services in the community. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Accepting and processing referrals from funders
- Conducting intakes and needs assessments and collaborating with guests to develop Individualized Service Plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtaining services, housing, and appropriate health care and their short- and long-term goals
- Meeting with established guests to support their progression towards ISP goals
- Providing on-going case management support for guests’ ISP goals including assistance with benefits establishment, obtaining identification documents, employment linkage, housing referrals and accessing health care
- Utilizing and developing community resources to broker and link guests to services
- Maintaining documentation as set forth by the program contract and PATH policies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Have HMIS experience (preferred)
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field OR have at least 2 years of experience of relevant experience in a related field
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2343
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.