Program Manager – South County Recovery Rehousing
Long Beach, CA 90805***
Starting at $58,240 annualized
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with supervisory experience in social services to join our South County Programs as the Program Manager for our Recovery Rehousing Program.
***Although your home office will be located in Long Beach this team serves participants living in Service Planning Area 7, or SPA 7: Service Planning Area 7, or SPA 7: Artesia, Bell, Bellflower, Bell Gardens, Cerritos, City of Commerce, City Terrace, Cudahy, Downey, East Los Angeles, Hawaiian Gardens, Huntington Park, La Habra Heights, Lakewood, La Mirada, Los Nietos, Maywood, Montebello, Norwalk, Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, Signal Hill, South Gate, Vernon, Walnut Park, Whittier, and others.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Recovery Rehousing program focuses on assisting those experiencing homelessness who are at a high risk for COVID-19 or have a high level of acuity and need in obtaining permanent housing. Services are provided to households, individuals, and youth experiencing homelessness through a tailored package of time-limited financial assistance and targeted supportive services.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM MANAGER?
The Program Manager leads the Recovery Rehousing Program by guiding the case management philosophy within the program, providing clinical and supervisory oversight for the Recovery Rehousing team and serving as a representative of the program within the community. This includes training, contract and program reporting, and building partnerships with community resources, in addition to providing direct client services to program participants. Responsibilities of the Program Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Program Management & Oversight
- Collaborating with the Director to provide administrative oversight that ensures the successful implementation, coordination of services, achievement of performance measures, and service evaluation
- Monitoring and ensuring contract compliance and funding requirements
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all program related matters
- Clinical Oversight
- Providing clinical oversight, training and supervision to staff
- Utilizing knowledge and experience to provide clinical consultation
- Staff Support & Development
- Providing direct oversight and supervision for program staff
- Planning and scheduling on-going workload assignments and preparing schedules
- Conducting weekly meetings and providing regular feedback and training as appropriate
- Program Outreach – educating, networking, and representing the program to local agencies, community stakeholders, local governments, and other organizations
- Reports, Contracts & Compliance
- Reviewing and authorizing all program and contract reports prior to submittal
- Reviewing and explaining contract scope to staff
- Submitting monthly program reports
- Attending all monitoring sit visits
- Program Development & Evaluation
- Liaising between the funder and program
- Reducing system level barriers to service by innovating and implementing strategies and interventions in alignment with contract and PATH standards
- Collaborating with the QA Department to evaluate, assess and manage both program staff and program and client outcomes
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in human services or related field; MSW strongly preferred.
- Have supervisory experience working with vulnerable populations and demonstrate strong skills in staff supervision, program development and implementation, and the development of policies and procedures
- Have experience analyzing program procedures and practices to identify barriers and impediments to achieving goals and making recommendations for course-correction
- Display the ability to represent the interests of the agency and interact and build rapport and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of individuals
- Have experience with program start-up, budgeting and working with program funders
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Program Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2331
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.