Santa Ana, CA 92704
Starting at $80,000 annually DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with supervisory experience in culinary services and current managerial food handler’s certificates to join our Orange County Team as the Head Chef for the Yale Navigation Center.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Culinary Services Team is a critical to the success of our interim housing sites. By providing three meals and snacks and refreshments throughout the day, the kitchen and its staff are a key component to creating a welcoming, home-like environment for our guests as they work to obtain and sustain permanent housing.
WHAT IS THE HEAD CHEF?
As part of the Interim Housing team, the Head Chef oversees and leads the culinary services team and operations at the Yale Navigation Center. Responsibilities of the Sous Chef include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Staff Supervision & Support
- Providing direct supervision to culinary staff and oversight of all kitchen activities
- Coordinating kitchen scheduling, including that of paid staff and volunteers
- Planning and setting workload assignments and schedules
- Completing 30-, 60-, and 90-day reviews and coordinating with Sous Chefs to ensure their delivery to each team member
- Coordinating weekly meetings with Sous Chefs and kitchen Staff
- Handling all staff timesheets and payroll functions
- Leadership & Client Services
- Coordinating weekly meetings with Program Managers, Sous Chefs, and Executive Chef to ensure quality of services and meals
- Assisting with program administration and the training of staff
- Representing the program and the culinary team both internally and externally
- Promoting and following the established interim housing values, guidelines, and rules.
- Modeling and promoting a team culture and environment that is professional and welcoming for all interim housing guests, staff, volunteers, and other visitors.
- Meeting with guests with medical dietary restrictions to set up menu plans.
- Kitchen Administration & Oversight
- Creating and posting monthly menus
- Monitoring kitchen costs including labor, food, supplies, and equipment
- Ensuring inventories are maintained
- Filing and submitting kitchen related documentation such as Incident Reports and Corrective Action Reports.
- Reviewing Health Department reports and coordinating with the Head Chef and other kitchen staff to correct violations
- Coordinating and maintaining relationships with kitchen vendors and donors
- Coordinating food donations, including assisting with pick-ups and drop-offs as necessary
- Kitchen & Equipment Maintenance
- Ensuring the kitchen is maintained to Health Department code and PATH standards.
- Setting the standards for maintaining kitchen sanitation and cleanliness
- Ensuring equipment is maintained equipment in proper sanitary and operating condition
- Coordinating regular maintenance activities such as hood exhaust cleanings, oil waste pick-ups, and propane gas fills.
- Coordinating weekly meetings with PATH’s facilities team to keep up-to-date on repairs, fixes, or other maintenance.
- Food Preparation
- Ensuring that all meals prepared following Health Department code and served at the appropriate times and temperatures
- Conducting daily taste tests to ensure all meals are palatable, appetizing in appearance, and meet PATH’s standards
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Have experience with expense reimbursement software such as Nexonia
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Are well organized, have a strong sense of prioritization, and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop successful and positive relationships with individuals at all organization levels.
For this role the Head Chef must:
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Software, particularly Word and Excel
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Hold a current Managerial Food Handling certificate
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of full vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2314
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.