Clinical Case Manager – C3 Veterans
San Diego, CA 92101
$24.04/hr - $29.22/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking Master’s level social services professionals to join our team in San Diego as a Clinical Case Manager in our C3V Program.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Community Care Coordination for Veterans (C3V) Program provides comprehensive care coordination, service navigation, and housing assistance for veterans who have serious mental illness, are homeless or at-risk of homelessness, and are either currently incarcerated or have been recently released from custody.
WHAT IS A CLINICAL CASE MANAGER?
As part of the C3V Program team, the Clinical Case Manager works alongside Peer Support Specialists to build positive relationships with program participants and engage them with on-going supportive services designed to assist them in breaking the cycle of homelessness. Responsibilities of the Clinical Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Completing biopsychosocial assessments to assist with the development of individual service plans (ISP)
- Collaborating with other staff members and clients to develop ISPs that address short- and long-term goals that support personal well-being and housing stability
- Providing on-going, field-based case management services including assistance with independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, benefits establishment, linkage to community providers for substance use, primary and mental health care, and housing navigation
- Utilizing evidence-based practices to provide on-going support that ensue treatment plan outcomes are met or changed as necessary and that promote client independence
- Maintain documentation standards as dictated by the program contact and PATH policies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with housing navigation and case management techniques such as critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Have experience with HMIS, preferred
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Clinical Case Manager must:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in human services (MSW or MFT), Master’s in Social Work highly preferred
- Have at least 1 year of experience in homeless services, veteran services, mental health, substance use, and co-occurring disorders or with vulnerable populations providing intensive case management services
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2289
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.