Santa Barbara, CA 93103
$21.00/hr - $24.00/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with previous experience in social services to join our Santa Barbara Programs as an Employment Specialist.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH Santa Barbara is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is dedicated to assisting homeless individuals achieve greater health, wellness, and self-sufficiency, by helping as many as possible access the services they need to improve their health, find employment and transition to stable housing.
WHAT IS AN EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST?
Employment Specialists work with people who are experiencing homelessness to assist them in finding and retaining sustainable employment opportunities in the greater Santa Barbara area. Responsibilities of the Employment Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing onsite and field-based employment-related case management services including assessment, community integration, linkage, and procurement of benefits
- Conducting outreach activities to identify, screen and enroll participants
- Developing Individualized Employment Plans for enrollees
- Providing service coordination that assists clients in obtaining and maintaining employment
- Providing career counseling and facilitating job readiness, training and coaching activities
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with employers, outside job resources, vocational training schools to ensure effective employment linkage services and access to resources
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have previous experience in social services, homeless programs or experience working with veterans
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people and organizations
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Employment Specialist must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2283
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.