Case Manger III - EIH
San Jose, CA 95128
$21.64/hr - $28.85/hr DOE + 12% Locality Pay Differential (Approximate gross earnings of $24.24/hr - $32.31/hr DOE)
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience providing case management to vulnerable populations to join our EIH Program in San Jose as a Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.Our positions in San Jose also earn a 12% pay differential in addition to their base earnings.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
San Jose’s Emergency Interim Housing (EIH) program provides bridge housing to families who are experiencing homelessness and offers a range of onsite supportive services. These services assist each household in transitioning into a safe, stable and permanent home.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
The Case Manager works as part of a multidisciplinary team at the EIH site to provide individualized guest support that assists participants in addressing barriers and accessing services to stabilize in housing long-term. responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting intake and individual needs assessments for incoming participants and collaborating with participants to develop Individualized Service Plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtaining services, housing, and appropriate health care.
- Meeting with participants on a minimum of a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completing of ISP goals
- Providing on-going case management support including assistance with benefits establishment, obtaining personal identification documents, providing employment linkages, housing referrals, access to healthcare services and any other services identified on the ISP
- Ensuring that the interim housing setting provides a home-like environment for participants throughout their stay
- Collaborating with the case management and operations staff to ensure a clean and safe facility
- Executing and maintaining documentation according to PATH policies and programmatic obligations
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with client engagement techniques such as harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Are technology proficient, particularly with MS Office
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in case management servicing highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health and substance use issues
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2281
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.