Case Manager - PATH Metro Villas I
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $21.64/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates excited about making a positive impact in the lives of others to join our PSS Program at the PATH Metro Villas in Los Angeles as a Case Manager III.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Permanent Supportive Services (PSS) programs provide case management services in a Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) setting to individuals who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions. Services are centralized and provided to clients living on-site to ensure ease of access to the resources necessary for long-term housing stabilization, improving their quality of life and community integration.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers are part of a team of community service providers and PATH staff that work to ensure PSH tenants are moving towards achieving their individual goals. Case Mangers in our PSS program provide recovery orientated, direct client services and case management support. Responsibilities include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Meeting with tenants regularly to provide strengths-based case management and service coordination, such as coaching around independent living skills, employment assistance and linkage to community providers for services
- Collaborating with tenants to create person-centered plans that address short-term and long-term goals and the follow-up necessary to reach these goals
- Consulting with the team to conduct crisis and risk assessments and provide crisis intervention services focused on enhancing the tenants’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate own care.
- Mediating and advocating on behalf of the of the tenant to assist with obtaining and keeping stabilizing resources such as housing, healthcare benefits, and transportation
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate proficiency in Spanish (speaking, reading, & writing) in addition to English fluency (primary language used in the work place)
- Have a minimum of one year or work or lived experience in homeless services, case management, health services, substance use disorders or PSH
- Are willing and able to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
For this role the Case Manager must:
- Have 2 years of relevant professional experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience including:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field OR comparable years' professional experience
- 1 year of experience in homeless services, case management, health services, mental health, substance use disorders and/or permanent supportive housing
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #2262
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.