Program Associate – Family Services
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $16.00/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with administrative experience to join our Veteran Services department as a Program Associate. Experience working in homeless serves or with vulnerable populations are a plus!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Family Services Programs specifically service households who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. These programs offer temporary housing and on-going assistance tailored to the unique challenges that family units face while working to stabilize in housing.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM ASSOCIATE?
The Program Associate provides general administrative support to the Director and program staff. Responsibilities of the Program Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Assisting with new hire staffing in collaboration with the Human Resources department
- Assisting with the onboarding of new staff
- Coordinating program communication
- Scheduling and maintaining the Director’s calendars and handling correspondence
- Providing administrative and clerical support
- Assisting with research, preparation and written documentation for special projects, presentations, and meetings
- Processing financial assistance requests
- Planning and coordinating meetings
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA and HR standards
- Are highly organized and display excellent time management skills
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Program Associate must:
- Be highly proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2253
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.