Housing Navigator III
Los Angeles, CA 90018
Starting at $17.31/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting the Homeless) is seeking candidates with a social services background to join our Family Services Department as a Housing Navigator. This position will be based out of our Family Solutions Center in Mid-City.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Family Services Department serves families and children who are literally homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness. The Family Solutions Center (FSC) Program provides a centralized point of access for families in need of crisis services, shelter placement, rapid rehousing, permanent housing placement, linkages with schools and employment, physical and mental health care, and other supportive services.
WHAT IS A HOUSING NAVIGATOR?
Housing Navigators provide individualized case management support to families experiencing homelessness throughout the housing process to assist with obtaining and maintaining stable housing long-term. Responsibilities of the Housing Navigator Include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing field-based, direct client case management services designed to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining housing such as independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment linkage, and linkage to community providers for substance abuse, primary and mental health care
- Collaborating with clients to develop treatment plans that address short- and long-term goals and providing on-going support to assess progress and ensure outcomes are met or adjusted as necessary
- Conducting crisis and risk assessments in consultation with the Program Manager and providing crisis intervention services that work to enhance client independence
- Maintaining documentation standards as set for by the program contract and PATH policies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques, and motivational interviewing
- Have experience with HMIS, preferred
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Navigator must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training'
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2241
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.