Family Response Specialist
Los Angeles, CA 90018
Starting at $16.00/hr and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in human services to join our Family Services Department as a Family Response Specialist. This position will serve LA Metro SPA 4 and will be stationed at partner agencies throughout on specific days of the week.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Family Services Department serves families and children who are literally homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness. The Family Solutions Center (FSC) Program provides a centralized point of access for families in need of crisis services, shelter placement, rapid rehousing, permanent housing placement, linkages with schools and employment, physical and mental health care, and other supportive services.
WHAT IS A FAMILY RESPONSE SPECIALIST?
The Family Response Specialist provides regional coordination among providers in SPA 4 for families who are referred to the FSC by 211 and other community-based organizations for assessment, triage of needs and targeted services focused on returning them to permanent housing. Responsibilities of the Family Response Specialist Include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Coordinating Family Response Team referrals to the FSC
- Providing strengths-based service coordination services designed to assist clients in obtaining crisis housing
- Conducting crisis and risk assessments in consultation with supervisor
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing the clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage own care
- Managing shelter waitlist and placements for multiple agencies within the Metro LA area
- Manage utilization and tracking of motel vouchers and issuing and tracking transportation vouchers
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Have homeless services, case management, mental health, substance abuse certifications and/or permanent supportive housing experience
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of HMIS and community resources in various neighborhoods in SPA 4
For this role the Family Response Specialist must:
- Have a minimum of 4 years in the human services field; preferably with a minimum of 2 of those years serving homeless families
- Demonstrate a strong ability to effectively resolve and cope with immediate crisis situations
- Be technology proficient, especially with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2235
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.