Housing Navigator III
Long Beach, CA 90813
Starting at $17.30/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in social services and a passion for helping others to join our Family Services Department as a Housing Navigator. This position provides both on-site and field-based supportive services and is based out of the Long Beach Multi Service Center.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Family Services Department serves families and children who are literally homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness. Our Family Services Programs provide a full range of services to families including crisis services, shelter placement, rapid rehousing, permanent housing placement, linkages with schools and employment, physical and mental health care, and other supportive services.
WHAT IS A HOUSING NAVIGATOR?
Housing Navigators work alongside a team of case managers, housing locators and community providers to provide clients with case management services focused in obtaining and maintaining stable housing. Responsibilities of the Housing Navigator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Collaborating with clients to develop Individualized Housing and Service Plans (IHSP) that address needs and long- and short-term goals
- Working with Housing Specialists to find permanent housing options for participants
- Providing field-based case management services including independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, linkage to employment and community providers for healthcare and wellness services, and assistance with benefit establishment and documentation
- Providing overall support throughout the housing process including assistance with housing location, completing documentation and accompanying families to housing appointments
- Facilitating access to services required to foster housing readiness (credit repair, legal aid, money management, etc.)
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in a human services field
- Proficiently speak, read, and write in Spanish in addition to English fluency
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and/or experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Have experience with HMIS
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Navigator must:
- Have at least 2 years of relevant experience in case management or social service.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2234
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.