Lead Case Manager – EIH
San Jose, CA 95125
Salary: $26.45/hr - $31.25/hr DOE + 12% Locality Pay Differential (Approximate gross earnings of $29.62/hr - $35.00/hr)
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking experienced case mangers with leadership aptitude to join our San Jose BHC Team as a Lead Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
San Jose’s Emergency Interim Housing (EIH) program provides bridge housing to families who are experiencing homelessness and offers a range of onsite supportive services. These services assist each household in transitioning into a safe, stable and permanent home.
WHAT IS A LEAD CASE MANAGER?
The Lead Case Manager collaborates with the Program Manager to oversee all case management and on-site services at the BHC site. responsibilities of the Lead Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Program Management and Oversight
- Providing oversight of program contracts to ensure successful implementation, coordination of services, achievement of performance measures, and evaluation of services
- Collaborating with the Quality Assurance Department to ensure contract compliance
- Partnering with the Program Manager to represent the program and provide administrative oversight
- Supportive Services
- Collaborating with participants to create Individualized Services Plans (ISP) that address short- and long-term goals necessary to stabilize in housing
- Providing on-going case management support to assess progress and ensure that ISP goals are met or adjusted
- Meeting with participants on a minimum of a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completing of ISP goals
- Providing on-going case management support including assistance with benefits establishment, obtaining personal identification documents, providing employment linkages, housing referrals, access to healthcare services and any other services identified on the ISP
- Providing intentional case management supports that move the client from a high intensity level of service to a more independent, recovery focused level
- Identifying sustainable housing units appropriate for clients
- Executing and maintaining documentation according to PATH policies and programmatic obligations
For this role the Lead Case Manager must:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Demonstrate experience in program start-up
- Have experience working with program funders
- Display effective time management
- Effectively resolve and cope with immediate crisis situations
- Display the ability to represent the interests of the agency and interact and build rapport and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of individuals
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services related field
- Have homeless services, case management, mental health, and/or supportive housing experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site at www.epath.org/careers and search for JR# 2230 to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.