Maintenance Technician III
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Salary: Starting at $26.93/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking qualified facilities maintenance professionals to join our Operations Team as a Maintenance Technician III. This position is based out of our Regional Headquarters in Los Angeles and requires regular travel within the region to provide facilities maintenance support to our locations in LA County, Orange County, and Santa Barbara.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS A MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN III?
The Maintenance Technician III lends their advanced skill level to serve as the lead for the Maintenance Technician team. Working with only occasional instruction or assistance for new or unusual situations, they are fully aware of operating procedures and are able to conduct tasks independently. They are responsible for the overall repair, upkeep, safe operation of PATH’s facilities and vehicles, and providing training to less experienced Maintenance Technicians. Duties of the Maintenance Technician III include:
WHAT YOU BRING
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Performing a variety of building maintenance duties including painting, plumbing, HVAC, electrical work, and light construction such as:
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining plumbing systems and fixtures
- Installing, repairing, and replacing hinges, locks, and deadbolts
- Installing and repairing linoleum, ceramic tiles, base boards, and carpeting.
- Replacing or repairing lighting fixtures, checking and replacing light bulbs, and making LED retrofits (120V)
- Performing light masonry work.
- Ensuring all preventative maintenance tasks are completed in a timely fashion
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, specifications, and manuals
- Calculating, designing, and preparing sketches for light construction and modifications to be performed, estimating materials, and laying out work
- Inspecting assigned facilities for compliance with Safety Standards and making repairs as necessary.
- Assisting with the maintenance of and documentation for company fleet vehicles.
- Monitoring, tracking, and ensuring the appropriate prioritization of maintenance requests to ensure timely resolution of tickets and the safety of all staff, clients, and visitors.
- Ensuring that maintenance supplies are procured in a cost-effective manner
- Placing orders, maintaining inventory, and ensuring returns as necessary for building maintenance supplies
- Providing a high-quality customer service environment for PATH’s programs and departments
- Maintaining documentation of all projects, reporting needs for repairs or replacement, and keeping staff and management informed of progress
For this role the Maintenance Technician III must:
- Have a strong sense of customer services and urgency to resolve issues
- Effectively comprehend, follow, and convey instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper surface preparation and application of paints on a variety of internal and external surfaces
- Demonstrate knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Hold a High School Diploma or GED
- Have 5 years of general maintenance experience in building and equipment maintenance, carpentry, and repairs.
- Have 2 years of experience in electrical or plumbing maintenance (certification a plus)
- Have proven experience diagnosing and making the necessary repairs to low voltage (120V) electricity
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and the ability to use technology and database systems effectively as work and communication tools.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to safely operate a wide variety of hand, power, and shop tools and equipment common to the fields of plumbing, carpentry, and related building trades
- Ability to lift, move, and transport items weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis while performing work duties
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site at www.epath.org/careers and search for JR# 2228 to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.