Residential Service Coordinator - LINK
San Diego, CA 92101
$19.24/hr - $22.60/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with case management experience to join our San Diego team as a Residential Service Coordinator at the LINK PSH site.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The LINK Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) development in San Diego that provides homes and on-site supportive services for people who have experienced homelessness. The PSH setting centralizes services on-site to ensure residents have immediate and easy access to the resources necessary for long-term housing stabilization, improving their quality of life and community integration.
WHAT IS A RESIDENTIAL SERVICE COORDINATOR?
Residential Service Coordinators work on-site at LINK locations as part of a team of case managers. They work directly with clients to assist with their transition to housing and maintaining necessary services. This includes:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing individualized supportive services to help each client develop a plan to address their particular barriers to attain and sustain housing such as:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance obtaining personal identification documents
- Employment linkage and application assistance
- Housing Referrals
- Healthcare Referrals
- Assistance with housing applications
- Surveying rental market for affordable housing Identify appropriate permanent housing options
- Advocating for clients with prospective landlords
- Conducting intake and individual needs assessments and collaborating with clients to develop an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) that addresses maintaining stable housing, maintaining or increasing income, and other personal goals
- Meeting with clients on a regular, as needed basis to review, evaluate and support the progress and completion of ISP goals.
- Providing assistance with transportation for critical appointments that impact housing stability
- Developing meaningful relationships with clients and resource systems or partners that enhance efforts to engage and retain individuals in permanent housing.
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Project a professional demeanor and have strong interpersonal skills
- Have a proven ability to work effectively with diverse communities and have great problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Have training in Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, and other related techniques
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Residential Service Coordinator must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2214
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.