Outreach Case Manager III – CD10 Outreach
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $21.64/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking social services candidates passionate about our mission to end homelessness to join our LA Metro Outreach team as an Outreach Case Manager. This position will be a part of our outreach program serving Los Angeles County’s Council District 10 (CD10).
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Street Outreach programs work to engage individuals who are currently homeless and living on the streets in an effort to provide and link them with services that will ultimately lead them to stabilize in housing long-term.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH CASE MANAGER?
Outreach Case Managers play a key role at PATH as one of the first points of contact for homeless clients in the Los Angeles community. They utilize PATH’s street outreach integrated approach to provide outreach, engagement and case management interventions to quickly assess and link people experiencing homelessness and living on the streets with supportive services designed to help them obtain permanent housing. Responsibilities of the Outreach Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting daily street outreach to develop relationships and build rapport to assist clients with addressing barriers to obtaining services, housing and health care
- Meeting with established clients on a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of their goals
- Providing street case management services by bringing services to clients in the community with the goal of linking them to long term supportive services. This includes:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining personal identification documents
- Providing employment linkages and assistance
- Housing referrals
- Healthcare related assistance
- Other referrals as necessary to ensure all client needs are met
- Building relationships and collaborating with community providers for substance use and mental health services to ensure seamless transitions from street outreach to long-term services
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with case management techniques such as critical time intervention, strategies for harm reduction, crisis intervention, and motivational interviewing
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Case Manager must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in human services or a related field OR have at least 2 years of experience related to homeless services, mental health, substance abuse or case management
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2213
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.