Program Manager – Villas on the Park
San Jose, CA 95112
$63,000 - $73,000 annually + 12% Locality Pay Differential (Approximate annualized earnings of $70,560 - $81,760)
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking qualified social services leaders to join our San Jose PSS Program as the Program Manager for the Villas on the Park PSH development.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Permanent Supportive Services (PSS) programs provide person-centered, culturally competent supportive services to Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) residents who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions. Services are centralized and provided to clients living on-site to ensure ease of access to the resources necessary for long-term housing stabilization, improving their quality of life and community integration.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM MANAGER?
The Program Manager ensures the successful delivery of high-quality services the Villas at the Park PSS program by providing administrative oversight and supervisory leadership to the program staff through a hands-on, lead by example approach. Responsibilities of the Program Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Supportive Services
- Carrying a small caseload of more challenging and complex residents
- Providing field-based case management and service coordination services designed to assist residents with stabilizing in housing
- Service Supervision
- Overseeing day-to-day service delivery by providing direct supervision to program staff, facilitating case consultation, guiding delivery, and providing support with complex or challenging issues
- Ensuring the development and implementation of a team-based approach to service delivery that incorporates evidence-based practices, leverages the strengths of individuals and the group as a whole, and fosters professional growth
- Monitoring and verifying services provided to each resident to determine quality and effectiveness of services
- Acting as the primary point of contact to address resident-level and structural problems as they arise
- Conducting supervisory meetings and providing regular feedback, guidance and training to case management staff
- Program Development & Implementation
- In partnership with the Director and Quality Assurance Department, implement of policies, procedures and practices that ensure the delivery of quality services that are in compliance with contractual obligations and agency standards.
- Coordinating services with partner agencies and landlords, including the creation of written documentation that accurately reflects partnerships
- Program Administration & Compliance
- Ensuring that all documentation standards set forth by the program contract and PATH polices are maintained through monitoring and regular audits
- Reviewing client service plans to ensure that services are appropriate, documentation is accurate and complete, and that all standards have been adhered to
- Collaborating with the Quality Assurance Department to educate and coach staff on proper documentation
- Generating regular reporting, assessing outcomes, and analyzing and communicating observed trends or needs that may impact services
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold their LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) credential – strongly preferred
- Display excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example approach
- Have experience in homeless services, case management, mental health, and permanent supportive housing
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of evidence-based practices in service delivery such as intensive case management, motivational interviewing, harm reduction, critical time intervention and housing first
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability work in a variety of settings with a diverse range of individuals in a culturally sensitive and appropriate manner
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Program Manager must:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a leadership role in social services or related field
- Have knowledge and understanding of evidence-based practices utilized in the Permanent Supportive Housing setting including Intensive Case Management Services, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Critical Time Intervention, and Housing First practices
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2207
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.