Administrative Assistant – Facilities & Operations
Los Angeles, CA 90004
$20.20/hr - $24.04/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking highly-organized and tech-savvy individuals to join our Facilities & Operations team as the Administrative Assistant – Facilities & Operations . This position interfaces with and provides assistance to our entire organization, so a strong customer-service mentality and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are a must!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS An Administrative Assistant – Facilities & Operations?
As part of the Facilities & Operations team, the Administrative Assistant – Facilities & Operations
is responsible for the overall management and coordination of the administrative procedures for the department. This includes providing a high-level of customer service to internal staff for requests and inquires. Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant – Facilities & Operations
WHAT YOU BRING
- Facilities & Operations
- Coordinating with program and department staff to determine vehicle needs
- Maintaining all records as they relate to PATH vehicles including maintenance logs, safety documentation, and tracking pool vehicle use.
- Tracking, scheduling, and expediting vehicle repair requests
- Assisting the Senior Director to ensure that facilities and maintenance requests are addressed and prioritized appropriately
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of SOP’s and department procedures
- Handling calendaring for interdepartmental services
- Assisting with the management of vendor relations
- Assisting with the development and implementation of procedures for tracking company assets
- Planning, monitoring, and recording software licenses and hardware assets
- Purchasing & Supply Services Management
- Complete daily ordering of office supplies and special orders.
- Ensuring the cost-effectiveness of incoming supplies, accuracy of orders, and execution of returns
- Managing existing and incoming supply and asset inventory
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have a strong sense of customer service and enthusiastic, welcoming demeanor
- Display a professional demeanor and a high-level of respect for individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds and at all organization levels.
- Demonstrate strong skills in organization, time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, analytical thinking, and problem-solving.
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
For this role the Administrative Assistant – Facilities & Operations
- Have 2 years of relevant college courses in business or related field OR have an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including the ability to create spreadsheets and databases with Excel.
- Be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2201
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.