Outreach Specialist – CSO Rapid Response Team
San Diego, CA 92101
$19.24/hr. – $21.63/hr.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates passionate about making a positive impact in their communities to join our San Diego CSO Program as and Outreach Specialist on the Rapid Response Team.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Coordinated Street Outreach (CSO) Program is part of the City of San Diego’s Community Action Plan on Homelessness, which identifies client-centered, housing-focused outreach as a key component of an integrated homelessness response system. The Rapid Response Team (RRT) is a specialized group within the program that quickly responds to calls for concern about unsheltered individuals, focusing on problem solving and providing supportive interventions that support individuals in breaking the cycle of homelessness.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH SPECIALIST?
As part of the CSO RRT, the Outreach Specialist works to directly engage with individuals experiencing homelessness both through responses addressing specific concerns called in and through general frequent and persistent outreach when not providing rapid response services. Responsibilities of the RRT Outreach Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Quickly responding to community requests for outreach intervention
- Performing outreach activities wherever individuals experiencing homelessness are known to congregate within the area covered by the program
- Providing crisis intervention services in the field
- Utilizing a “whatever it takes approach” to provide on-going supportive services that prepare and promote housing readiness including assisting with gathering personal documentation, assistance with housing location and application, linkage and referrals to community services, and advocacy
- Providing transportation to clients utilizing the company vehicle
- Working to build relationship within the community to identify new and existing opportunities for partnerships that enhance the services provided by the programs.
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a related field and have at least 2 years of relevant experience OR have an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Have lived experience with homelessness, mental health of substance use challenges
- Demonstrate technology proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office and electronic databases (e.g. CRM, HMIS)
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Specialist must:
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2189
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.P