Program Associate - SDCO
San Diego, CA 92101
$18.26/hr – $20.19/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking tech-savvy administrative professionals eager to join our mission to end homelessness to become part of our San Diego team as a Program Associate. This position will provide general administrative support to the San Diego Countywide Outreach Program (SDCO).
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The San Diego Countywide Outreach (SDCO) Program is a collaboration between PATH and several other homeless services agencies providing high-intensity case management services to the most chronic and vulnerable individuals experiencing homelessness. Services provided by the SDCO Program follow a standardized multidisciplinary outreach team model which aims to connect individuals with the services necessary to ultimately end their episode of homelessness and obtain permanent housing.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM ASSOCIATE?
As part of the San Diego team, the Program Associate provides general administrative support to the staff of SDCO. Responsibilities of the Program Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Assisting with new hire staffing in collaboration with the Human Resources department
- Assisting with the onboarding of new staff
- Coordinating program communication
- Scheduling and maintaining the Director’s calendars and handling correspondence
- Providing administrative and clerical support
- Assisting with research, preparation and written documentation for special projects, presentations, and meetings
- Processing financial assistance requests
- Planning and coordinating meetings
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA and HR standards
- Are highly organized and display excellent time management skills
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Program Associate must:
- Be highly proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree and have 3 years of relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2182
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.