Accounts Payable Associate- Finance
Los Angeles, CA 90004
$20.19/hr - $29.53/hr DOE
The Accounts Payable (AP) team at PATH is responsible for the overall processing of accounts payable as well as management of payables documentation. AP transactions include vendor payables, credit card payables, employee reimbursements, and various other payments (which may include processing of client assistance (TFA) in support of the Client Assistance Payables team) totaling over $40M from 130+ grants, and ensuring that these requests are processed accurately, on time, and in compliance with both funder and internal control requirements. The AP team is led by the Director of Accounts Payable and includes a team of 1-2 Specialists and 4-6 Coordinators and Associates. The AP Coordinator is responsible for reviewing and processing accounts payables accurately and timely with only moderate supervision. This position must have a minimum of one year’s experience mastering a complex nonprofit accounting chart of accounts and AP processing for a large portfolio of homeless services awards. This position will be processing hundreds of payments a month for multiple grants and which can total millions of dollars a month in vendor, credit card, and employee payments. The Coordinator must be comfortable working in a demanding job requiring a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a very fast paced environment.
: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
What You Bring
- Understanding how PATH’s programs work to be able to process AP with minimal supervision and identify potential problems and solutions to Team Lead or Director
- Processing accounts payables for payment
- Getting proper invoice/payables documentation and determining proper coding of transactions
- Preparing data entry input forms
- Entering the transaction into the Intacct accounting system with a high degree of accuracy.
- Manage payables documentation processing, storage, and invoicing support
- Interface with internal program staff and external vendors to resolve discrepancies and payment questions
- Work with the grant invoicing personnel to ensure that payables are accurately coded and to provide all invoicing backup documentation
- Work with the financial compliance staff on audit preparation as it relates to AP
- Create and enter journal entries including credit card statement analysis
- Organize and file all AP paperwork
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or comparable experience
- Minimum 1 year experience processing AP in a complex nonprofit multi-grant environment
- Experience with Intacct accounting software desirable
- Experience with Nexonia or other expense reimbursement systems desirable
- Ability to use computers and proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Must project a professional demeanor and process excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure and time sensitive environment
- Capability to work in a fast paced, professional environment
- Must maintain and execute confidential information
- Ability to interact with diverse clientele
- Must maintain regular attendance
- Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Reliable transportation.
- Updated tuberculosis test.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2141
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.