Rapid Resolution Specialist
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
Salary: $19.24/hr - $23.08/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates who share our passion for ending homelessness in our communities to join our Santa Barbara team as a Rapid Resolution Specialist.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Located on-site at PATH Santa Barbara, the Diversion Program is designed to address the immediate needs of individuals and families who recently lost their housing and are now experiencing homelessness. The program is client-driven and offers highly individualized services in the form of case management, housing location, and brief financial assistance. The program aims to help clients find immediate safe alternative housing rather than entering a shelter or experiencing unsheltered homelessness.
WHAT IS A RAPID RESOLUTION SPECIALIST?
As part of the Santa Barbara team, the Rapid Resolution Specialist screens and triages clients seeking services to evaluate their needs, help identify housing options, and link them to appropriate resources. Responsibilities of the Rapid Resolution Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Serving as the initial point of contact and responding to all inquiries.
- Conducting initial assessments
- Providing ongoing information, referrals, linkages, and advocacy for identified needs
- Maintaining a resource directory and providing appropriate resources to clients
- Communicating with participants and supporting households to review and evaluate progress and provide support
- Providing ongoing case management support with mediation assistance
- Creatively using and developing community resources to broker and link clients to services
For this role the Rapid Resolution Specialist must:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Project a professional demeanor and exercise mature judgement
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services related field OR have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of and/or experience with advance case management techniques such as harm reduction, non-violent crisis intervention, and motivational interviewing
- Have experience working with highly vulnerable populations
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site at www.epath.org/careers and search for JR# 2210 to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.