Employment Specialist - (HRVP)
$19.23/hr. - $21.63/hr.
PATH is a non-profit organization that provides services to people experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness for individuals, families, and communities. We believe our mission can be achieved by providing permanent housing and highly individualized supportive services. We are committed to improving the quality of services by creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for the community at large. We seek the input from clients, employees, and stakeholders to ensure service delivery and accessibility is equitable to all persons served.
WHAT IS A HVRP EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST?
The Employment Specialist
will be working within the Veteran and Community Initiatives team. The incumbent will be working with program participants in finding and retaining sustainable employment opportunities in San Diego County. The Employment Specialist
will outreach to enroll participants, conduct workshops, and provide ongoing employment-related case management and support. Additionally, the Employment Specialist
will network with business leaders and employers to identify job opportunities for clients.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Provide field-based and onsite employment-related case management services in the areas of, but not limited to assessment, community integration, employment linkage, procurement of benefits and all other services needed to assist clients in reaching their Individualized Service Plan goals
- Conduct outreach activities to identify, screen and enroll participants into the program.
- Provide service coordination to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining sustainable employment.
- Conduct employability assessments of participants, including assessing readiness for work, physical and mental capabilities.
- Develop and update Individualized Employment Plans for enrolled participants.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and ensure timely updates on client participation and progress to case managers.
- Provide job readiness skills training such as resume development, interviewing skills and job search techniques.
- Facilitate orientation sessions, desk coverage and other staffing needs at PATH’s Employment Resource Centers as needed.
- Provide career counseling and job coaching, including labor market trends to job seekers and arrange interviews with employers.
- Work one-on-one with clients on job retention, following program enrollment guidelines.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with prospective employers, including outreach and attendance to hiring events.
- Coordinate recruitments with employers, including organizing onsite hiring events.
- Connect with outside resources including EDD, America’s Job Centers, Department of Rehabilitation, Department of Public Social Services, vocational training schools and community-based organizations to ensure clients have access to available services.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Create and maintain participant case files in accordance to program standards and maintain case notes on all participant activity within established timeframes on HMIS (Homeless Management Information System).
- Maintain documentation standards as set forth by internal and external policies.
- Track retention data, participant updates, supportive services requests, program expenses, program goals and submit reports weekly to management at PATH Employment Services.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in social services, homeless programs and/or working with veterans preferred.
- Ability to interact with diverse clientele, including high level of tolerance and understanding for
- individuals with urgent case management and health needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards.
For this role the ROLE a successful candidate must:
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends.
- Have employment eligibility verification.
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license.
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties.
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage.
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2081
to submit your application. A resume is required!
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.