San Diego, CA 92101
Starting at $19.24/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates passionate about making a difference in the lives of others to join our San Diego Enhanced Outreach Team as an Outreach Specialist.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH San Diego’s Enhanced Outreach Team (EOT) is a coordinated and collaborative outreach program that serves the most chronic and vulnerable unsheltered individuals. The EOT provides high intensity case management services that aim to connect individuals to services that will ultimately end their cycle of homelessness.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH SPECIALIST?
As part of the EOT, the Outreach Specialist utilizes a “whatever it takes” approach to provide persistent and frequent engagement that develops trust and rapport with the people served. Responsibilities of the Outreach Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Coordinating intake and needs assessments for all clients
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized service plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtaining service and housing or facilitating a warm hand-off to in-house or other homeless service provider
- Performing persistent and frequent outreach services in the field
- Advocating for client needs in an appropriate and professional manner
- Monitoring client progression through ISP and developing modifications as necessary
- Providing on-going support to clients including assistance with documentation gathering, housing location and application, and attending appointments
- Working to build relationships in the community, including business owners, realtors, landlords, and other service providers, to identify new and existing opportunities to better assist clients
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have lived experience (preferred)
- Hold an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR have an equivalent combination of experience
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Display a professional demeanor
- Demonstrate proficiency with computers and technology, especially Microsoft Office
- Have experience using a data entry system such as a CRM or EHR (preferred)
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2073
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.