Team Supervisor – SPA 7 Outreach
Long Beach, CA 90805
Starting at $26.93/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking social services candidates with demonstrated leadership abilities to join our Outreach Program serving LA County’s SPA 7 as a Team Supervisor.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Street Outreach programs work to engage individuals who are currently homeless and living on the streets in an effort to provide and link them with services that will ultimately lead them to stabilize in housing long-term.
WHAT IS A TEAM SUPERVISOR?
As part of the SPA 7 Street Outreach Program, the Team Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of a team of case managers within the program to ensure the upmost quality of services through the implementation of evidence-based practices and the administrative compliance of the program. To support the needs of the program, the Team Supervisor may also work with a small number of participants. Responsibilities of the Team Supervisor include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing guidance and direction to case management staff
- Facilitating case conferences and the development of action plans to resolve case-specific issues
- Providing training to new staff and on-going training to current employees including shadowing in the field
- Overseeing all phases of participant services to ensure the implementation of best practices
- Supervising MSW interns including caseload oversight, conducting supervision meetings, maintaining communication of with the field liaison, attending meeting with the field instructor, and overseeing administrative work
- Collaborating with Outreach Coordination around hot spots, encampments, and any outreach related needs in SPA 7
- Presenting regularly monitored data and program outcomes to the Program Manager
- Ensuring all programmatic data is entered into documentation systems and maintained within compliance with the program contract, funding requirements and PATH standards
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have HMIS experience
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Effectively use technology as a work tool including proficiency with standard office software and database systems
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Team Supervisor must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills including a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with evidence-based case management techniques including, but not limited to, Harm Reduction, non-violent crisis intervention, and Motivational Interviewing
- Be able and willing to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2061
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.