Lead Case Manager – Veteran's Interim Housing
Santa Ana, CA 92704
Starting $21.16/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking experience social services candidates ready with leadership aptitude to join our Veteran's Interim Housing team in West LA as a Lead Case Manager for our Veteran's Interim Housing.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Interim Housing Program in West Los Angeles focuses on servicing veterans using the Harm Reduction model. Case management in this program is recovery orientated and integrates evidence-based practices to assist individuals with long-term housing sustainability
WHAT IS A LEAD CASE MANAGER?
As part of the Interim Housing team, the Lead Case Manager works under the supervision of the Program Manager to provide leadership and promote high-quality service delivery within the program. In addition to assisting the Program Manager with the oversight and development of the program, the Lead Case Manager also carries a direct client case load. Responsibilities of the Lead Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Supporting the Program Manager by monitoring and reviewing program documentation for quality, including the approval of ISP plans and ensuring case notes are in compliance, and ensuring correction are made as necessary
- Contributing to monthly internal monitoring reviews
- Serving as go-to for case managers needing support with ad hoc case conferencing
- Conducting intake and individualized needs assessments and collaborating with guests to develop an Individualized Service Plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtaining services, housing and healthcare
- Communicating with established guests on a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of ISP plans
- Facilitating psychosocial rehabilitation groups for guests as required
- Providing on-going case management support such as:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining necessary personal identification and records
- Employment assistance and linkage
- Housing referral, location, advocacy and application
- Providing linkage and coordination support for any services necessary to achieve ISP goals
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have leadership aptitude and a lead-by-example work style
- Enjoy and seek opportunities to help others grow, learn and develop
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience with evidenced-based case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Lead Case Manager must:
- Have a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2059
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.