Contract Administration Specialist
Los Angeles, CA 90004
$26.45/hr - $28.85/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking qualified candidates to join our QAC Department as a Contract Administration Specialist. This position requires experience working with government and federally funded grants and contracts in the non-profit setting. A background in paralegal studies is highly desired.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Quality Assurance and Compliance Department (QAC) oversees both contract and programmatic compliance by ensuring standards are outlined and implemented according to internal and external compliance expectations. The QAC supports 11 programmatic departments and over 100 government contracts, collaborating with program teams to develop, implement and analyze program performance to ensure the quality and compliance of PATH programs.
WHAT IS A CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION SPECIALIST?
As part of the QAC team, the Contract Administration Specialist supports PATH’s mission by assisting with the administration, tracking, and data management of contracts and amendments between PATH and its funders and subcontractors. Responsibilities of the Contract Administration Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Contracts Administration & Management
- Serving as an administrator of the contract management system
- Executing, tracking, and reporting on PATH’s entire grant portfolio
- Performing reviews of incoming program contracts and grants including notifying staff of receipt, contract scope, budget, and provisions, and outlining compliance provisions to ensure they can be adhered to
- Serving as an expert on grant compliance, interpretation of OMB circulars, and applicable government regulations
- Contract Development & Administration
- Collaborating with leadership to create contract boilerplates for agreements and amendments
- Collaborating with program and fiscal management to further develop agreements and MOUs for awarded grants to ensure accurate Statements of Work, Budgets, and contract provision are integrated
- Drafting, preparing, negotiating, processing and tracking contracts and amendments
- Processing and maintaining current documentation necessary to verify subcontractor obligations
- Researching regulations governing funds received to prepare contracts within compliance
- Contract Data Administration
- Entering contract data and processing information in the contract management system
- Preparing reports for regular submission to leadership
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of contract data for reporting to other departments
- Performing data quality reviews
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience preparing and reviewing contracts and other legal documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contract law
- Demonstrate proficiency with technology including mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and electronic database systems
- Effectively analyze problems and perform needs assessments
- Successfully exercise independent judgement and make appropriate recommendations in consideration of accepted practices
- Demonstrate strong skills in time management, organization, project management, multitasking, and maintaining attention to detail in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Are highly motivated, self-starting, and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
This role gives preference
to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in a related field with at least 3 years of related job function or non-profit industry experience such as contract development, grants administration, or compliance
- Paralegal certificate or undergraduate degree specializing in paralegal studies
In lieu of a Master’s Degree, candidates with the following background will also be considered to meet the minimum qualifications
for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with at least 5 years of related job function experience or non-profit industry experience such as contract development, grants administration, or compliance
For this role the Contract Compliance Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2050
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.