Lead Case Manager – Recovery Rehousing
Los Angeles, CA 90004
DOE Starting at $21.16/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking experienced case managers with leadership aptitude to join out Recovery Rehousing Program serving the Los Angeles Metro as the Lead Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Recovery Rehousing program focuses on assisting those experiencing homelessness who are at a high risk for COVID-19 or have a high level of acuity and need in obtaining permanent housing. Services are provided to households, individuals, and youth experiencing homelessness through a tailored package of time-limited financial assistance and targeted supportive services.
WHAT IS A LEAD CASE MANAGER?
The Lead Case Manager supports the Program Manager to ensure the success of Recovery Rehousing Program and its clients. The Lead Case Manager provides leadership and guidance to the program's staff in the field and supports the Program Manager with various programmatic tasks to ensure its upmost quality. Responsibilities of the Lead Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Serving as go-to for case managers needing support with ad hoc case conferencing
- Providing support to staff and reviewing documentation prior to submittal to the Program Manager, such as financial trackers
- Assisting with program administration, the training of staff and representation of the program internally and externally
- Ensuring that evidence-based practices are utilized through example and by providing training
- Conducting individualized needs assessments and collaborating with clients to develop permanent housing plans that address any and all barriers to obtaining and maintaining stable housing
- Providing on-going case management support to assess progress and ensure housing plan goals are met or adjusted as necessary
- Providing field-based case management supports to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable housing such as:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining necessary personal identification and records
- Independent living and money management skills
- Employment assistance and linkage
- Housing referral, location, advocacy and application assistance
- Referrals and linkage to community providers for health, mental health, and substance use services
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience with evidence-based case management techniques such as critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Effectively resolve and cope with immediate crisis situations
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Lead Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have at least 8 years of experience in homeless service or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to provide field- and in-home based direct client services on a regular basis
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2040
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.