Housing Specialist II – SSVF
$19.23/hr. - $20.19/hr.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS A HOUSING SPECIALIST – SSVF PROGRAM?
As part of the SSVF Program, the Housing Specialist
works under the supervision of the Program Manager and in conjunction with the Housing Specialist team to develop a full range of permanent housing opportunities for veterans experiencing homelessness. To achieve this, Housing Specialists
assist with engaging, managing and retaining landlord and property management company relationships for the agency and work directly with clients and case management staff to assist with securing housing. Services provided by the Housing Specialist
include landlord outreach and engagement, property inspections, targeted customer service to participating properties, and other supports necessary, such as mediation between tenants and landlords, to promote long-term tenancy and partnership.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Cultivate and maintain robust lists of available housing inventory.
- Coordinate and communicate real-time housing stock generation to assigned PATH programs.
- Monitor and evaluate housing processes with the landlord community to ensure efficient and well-coordinated collaboration, working with various housing program teams.
- Provide strong customer service response support to landlords, as needed, for any concerns that may arise.
- Assist with coordinating and executing landlord mobilization and appreciation events in various regions.
- Provide mediation support and work with case management teams, tenants, and properties to revolve disputes and promote long-term tenancy, including home visits when necessary.
- Execute various property inspections in alignment with PATH procedures and standards.
- Network with other agencies, coalitions, and local community organizations.
- Gain knowledge of the rules and regulations of the federal housing programs used by PATH.
- Prepare case-related reports including outcomes, successes and challenges.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and PATH guidelines
- Produce regular reports about housing portfolio and placement outcomes in order to inform housing acquisition strategies and program operations.
- Maintain Salesforce CRM as described in Housing Partnership Programs Policy and Procedures.
- Create and maintain property and landlord portfolios, mirroring those of the Housing Partnership Program.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and PATH guidelines.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Ability to work with a wide variety of landlords and property management companies.
- Ability to maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure and time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel and experience with Salesforce CRM strongly.
- Ability to consistently and accurately follow the direction of the supervisor.
- A high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present for services with urgent multiple case management and health needs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of motivation and self-starting demeanor
For this role the ROLE a successful candidate must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties.
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage.
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for
to submit your application. A resume is required!
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.