Employment Specialist - LA Metro Programs
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $21.64/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with social services experience to join our new Employment Services Program as a an Employment Specialist. This role will be based out of our regional headquarters and will work primarily in the field to connect individuals with sustainable employment opportunities in the LA Metro (SPA 4).
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Employment Services assist individuals who are currently, formerly, or at-risk of experiencing homelessness find and retain sustainable employment opportunities, a key element for successfully breaking the cycle of homelessness and stabilizing in housing long-term. Services provided by these programs include job readiness assessment and skills training, job linkage, career counseling, and job retention support.
WHAT IS AN EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST?
As part of the Employment Services Program, the Employment Specialist assist clients with obtaining sustainable employment opportunities through SPA 7, which encompasses East LA. Responsibilities of the Employment Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting outreach activities to identify, screen and enroll participants into the program
- Providing employment related case management services such as assessment, community integration, and employment linkage
- Developing and updating Individualized Employment Plans for participants
- Conducting job readiness assessments and providing appropriate skills training such as resume development, interviewing skills and job search techniques
- Providing career counseling and job coaching and working one-on-one with clients on job retention
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with prospective employers to generate and identify employment opportunities
- Connecting with outside resources such as EDD, America’s Job Centers, vocational training schools, and community-based organizations to ensure clients have access to available services
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have previous experience in social services, homeless programs, or working with veterans
- Maintain and execute confidential information and documentation according to all applicable standards including HIPAA, PATH polices, and as set forth by the contract
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build successful working relationships with clients, other staff members, and community partners
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Employment Specialist must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field OR have at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2038
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.