RPSS Residential Service Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA 90004
$21.64/hr - $24.04/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with demonstrated knowledge of Fair Housing laws to going our RPSS Program as a Residential Service Coordinator. This role will be based out of our regional headquarters in Los Angeles and provide direct client services at a variety of RPSS sites throughout the region.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Housing Partnerships Program (HPP) provides landlord outreach and engagement services to develop a full range of permanent housing opportunities for individuals and families experiencing homelessness. The Residential Property Support Services (RPSS) Program within the department provides affordable housing and service coordination alongside community-based case management teams to ensure clients have access to all the resources necessary to achieve long-term housing stabilization.
WHAT IS A RESIDENTIAL SERVICE COORDINATOR?
As part of the RPSS Program, the Residential Service Coordinator works alongside case management staff at RPSS sites to support residents’ transition from street to housing. Responsibilities of the Residential Service Coordinator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Coordinating move-in into RPSS housing units
- Serving as a liaison between tenants and community-based case management teams
- Providing assistance and support for critical issues that impact tenant housing stability
- Responding to housing and tenant-related emergencies
- Conducting regular unit inspections and wellness checks to ensure tenant well-being and unit habitability
- Collaborating with case managers to identify and secure community resources for tenants
- Explaining and educating case manager and tenants on lease requirements and building lease term agreements
- Maintaining client-related data tracking systems, generating client data for reporting, and preparing case-related reports
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a human services or behavior related field
- Demonstrate strong command of technology as work tool including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Have training in Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, and other related evidence-based practices
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, display a professional demeanor, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Residential Service Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in human services or behavior related field
- Demonstrate knowledge of local, state, and federal Fair Housing laws
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 2037
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.