Case Manager VI – Interim Housing
Venice, CA 90291
Starting at $24.04/hr and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking master's level social services candidates to join our Interim Housing team in Venice as a Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
As part of the multidisciplinary Interim Housing team, the Case Manager VI provides clinical-level support to guests as well as clinical consultation and support to program staff to ensure appropriate levels of care for every guest. Responsibilities of the Case Manager VI include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Performing initial biopsychosocial assessments and developing plans of intervention that address identified needs for housing, case management services, substance abuse treatment, mental health services and coordination of necessary community services
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized care plans that address short- and long-term goals
- Meeting with clients on a minimum of a weekly basis to provide on-going therapeutic supportive case management services that address clients’ barriers to obtaining and maintaining housing, assess treatment plan progress to ensure outcomes are met or changed as necessary and promote client independence and recovery
- Providing on-going support, linkage, referrals and assistance for all identified needs including assistance with housing location and application, establishing mainstream entitlements, service coordination, obtaining personal documentation, and advocacy
- Conducting crisis and suicide risk assessments and providing appropriate intervention services as necessary
- Maintaining documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH polices
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with evidence-based case management techniques including critical time intervention, ham reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager VI must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Master's Degree in a social services related field; MSW strongly preferred
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1357
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.