Cook – YWCA Interim Housing
Los Angeles, CA 90038
$15.87/hr - $19.24/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates to join our Interim Housing Team as a Cook at our YWCA location.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A COOK?
The Cook is an integral part of our Interim Housing. They help us create the welcoming, home-like environment by preparing nutritious meals alongside the kitchen team and case management staff. Responsibilities of the Cook include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Ensuring guests receive three meals each day on-time and according to schedule and providing snacks and refreshments as needed
- Assisting volunteers by providing all necessary supports to ensure they have a valuable experience
- Organizing and executing cooking large quantities of food with staggered cooking, heating, baking, etc. to ensure service at appropriate times and within acceptable temperature ranges
- Setting up and serving on the tray line
- Preparing food and beverages, maintaining equipment and the cleanliness of food service areas according to standard procedures and within guidelines
- Maintaining, receiving, placing requests for and organizing food and supply items
- Assisting as needed with the pick-up and drop-off of donations and delivery of meals both on-site and off-site utilizing the PATH company vehicle
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Cook must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1990
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.