CES Regional Matcher
Long Beach, CA 90802
Starting at $21.16/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking social services with experience providing direct client services to vulnerable populations and working with HMIS or similar electronic databases to join our South County Housing Programs serving SPA 7 as a CES Regional Matcher.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Housing Programs assist individuals and families who are experiencing or at imminent risk of homelessness quickly obtain and sustain housing. These programs provide a wide range of services comprehensive services including on-going wraparound case management support, housing location and navigation, and move-in and temporary financial assistance to fully address all client barriers to stabilizing in housing long-term. The Coordinated Entry System (CES) in LA County facilitates the coordination and management of resources from community providers, including PATH, to efficiently and effectively connect individuals experiencing homelessness with the appropriate interventions and support.
WHAT IS A CES REGIONAL MATCHER?
The CES Regional Matcher supports the Housing Program’s Associate Director in leading a collaborative effort to house the most vulnerable and chronically homeless individuals in SPA 7. Responsibilities of the CES Regional Matcher include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Facilitating and organizing case conference meetings with community partners
- Maintaining the LAHSA Community Queue of all residents in SPA 7
- Maintaining data and providing reports to the program funder
- Facilitating partnerships with community resource agencies
- Meeting with established partners to review, evaluate, and support housing plans as needed
- Providing timely responses to requests for available housing resources
- Organizing and providing training to community partners on matching policies, LAHSA Interim Guidance, CoC policies, and affordable and subsidized housing applications and monitoring successful adherence
- Ensuring that housing program data is accurate and documented appropriately
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the CES Regional Matcher must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have 2 years of experience working with HMIS or similar database
- Have 2 years of experience working with the chronically homeless or vulnerable populations
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with advanced, evidence-based case management interventions proven effective with vulnerable populations including:
- Engagement and rapport building with hard-to-reach clients
- Harm Reduction
- Motivational Interviewing
- Non-violent crisis intervention techniques
- Housing First
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1988
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.