Program Manager – Family Services
Los Angeles, CA 90018
Starting at $58,240 annually DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking supervisory experience in social services to join our Families Programs as a Program Manager. This position will be primarily field based and support our El Sereno and Families Interim Housing Programs.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Family Services Programs specifically service households who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. These programs offer temporary housing and on-going assistance tailored to the unique challenges that family units face while working to stabilize in housing.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM MANAGER?
The Program Manager leads their assigned programs by guiding the case management philosophy, providing clinical and supervisory oversight for the program staff and serving as a representative of the program within the community. This includes training, contract and program reporting, and building partnerships with community resources, in addition to providing direct client services to program participants. Responsibilities of the Program Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Program Management & Oversight
- Collaborating with the Director to provide administrative oversight that ensures the successful implementation, coordination of services, achievement of performance measures, and service evaluation
- Monitoring and ensuring contract compliance and funding requirements
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all program related matters
- Clinical Oversight
- Providing clinical oversight, training and supervision to staff
- Utilizing knowledge and experience to provide clinical consultation
- Staff Support & Development
- Providing direct oversight and supervision for program staff
- Planning and scheduling on-going workload assignments and preparing schedules
- Conducting weekly meetings and providing regular feedback and training as appropriate
- Program Outreach – educating, networking, and representing the program to local agencies, community stakeholders, local governments, and other organizations
- Reports, Contracts & Compliance
- Reviewing and authorizing all program and contract reports prior to submittal
- Reviewing and explaining contract scope to staff
- Submitting monthly program reports
- Attending all monitoring sit visits
- Program Development & Evaluation
- Liaising between the funder and program
- Reducing system level barriers to service by innovating and implementing strategies and interventions in alignment with contract and PATH standards
- Collaborating with the QA Department to evaluate, assess and manage both program staff and program and client outcomes
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in human services or related field; MSW strongly preferred.
- Have experience analyzing program procedures and practices to identify barriers and impediments to achieving goals and making recommendations for course-correction
- Display the ability to represent the interests of the agency and interact and build rapport and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of individuals
- Have experience with program start-up, budgeting and working with program funders
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Program Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Have supervisory experience working with vulnerable populations and demonstrate strong skills in staff supervision, program development and implementation, and the development of policies and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with evidence-based case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, non-violent crisis intervention techniques, and motivational interviewing
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1985
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.