Program Manager – Harbor/UCLA ICMS
Torrance, CA 90502
Starting at $58,240 annually DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking homeless services candidates with a strong understanding of program operations to join our team as the Program Manager for our ICMS Program based out of the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. This position works out of the Harbor-UCLA Hospital and also provides direct client services in the field.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) Programs provide long-term supportive services to individuals experiencing homelessness that have been referred by the Department Health Services (DHS). These individuals have been identified by the DHS as potential beneficiaries of intensive support because of their active homeless status, heavy utilization of the hospital and outpatient system, chronic medical conditions, and co-occurring disorders.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM MANAGER?
The Program Manager supports and oversees the operations of the ICMS Program to ensure program performance, upmost quality of services, and successful collaboration with community partners. In addition to providing oversight and leadership to the program, the Program Manager provides direct client services to support the needs of the program. Responsibilities of the Program Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Program Management & Oversight
- Collaborating with the Associate Director to provide ensure successful implementation, coordination of participant services, achievement of performance measures, and evaluation of services
- Ensuring that the program is in compliance with the contract, partnership agreements, and all other funding requirements
- Operating as the primary point of contact for all program matters
- Program Outreach
- Representing PATH and the ICMS program within the community, at provider meetings, and at events
- Reports, Contracts, & Compliance
- Reviewing and authorizing all program and contract reports prior to submittal
- Training staff of the contract scope, goals, milestones, timelines and other obligations
- Submitting monthly reports as required
- Performing internal audits
- Attending all site-monitoring visits
- Program Development & Evaluation
- Functioning as a liaison between the funder, hospital staff and program to ensure system-level barriers are reduced and that innovative strategies are implemented
- Collaborating and working alongside other internal and external parties to utilize program-level data to assess and manage program staff and program and client outcomes
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Social Work OR are currently working to complete their graduate studies within the next year
- Have experience with program start-up
- Effectively resolve and cope with immediate crisis situations
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Program Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have extensive experience in homeless services or working with vulnerable populations
- Have extensive experience in staff supervision, program development and the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Have experience working with program funders
- Demonstrate knowledge of program management including experience preparing and monitoring budgets
- Have experience analyzing procedures and practices to identify barriers and make appropriate recommendations for correction
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1981
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.