Housing Navigator III - Veteran Services
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $17.30/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in social services to join our Veteran Services - VASH Programs in Lancaster as a Housing Navigator.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS A HOUSING NAVIGATOR?
Our Veteran Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Program works to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran individuals or families who are experiencing or at imminent risk of homelessness.
As part of the multidisciplinary VASH team, the Housing Navigator provides program participants with support in locating and securing permanent housing. Responsibilities of the Housing Navigator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Developing and maintaining relationships with landlords
- Participating in the development of individualized service plans for program participants
- Helping to resolve landlord and tenant disputes in partnership with case management staff, tenants and properties
- Conducting property inspections
- Conducting office, home and field visits with participating veterans
- Networking with other agencies, coalitions and community organizations around housing
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services related field
- Demonstrate knowledge of California’s Fair Housing and Reasonable Accommodation laws
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a wide variety of landlords and property management companies
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Navigator must:
- Have at least 5 years of cumulative experience working in social services, with populations in crisis, including those experiencing homelessness and people with disabilities, and education and/or experience with property management functions
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1968
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.