Santa Barbara, CA 93103
Starting at $21.00/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with case management experience to join our Santa Barbara team as an Outreach Specialist.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Outreach programs work to engage individuals who are currently homeless and living on the streets in an effort to provide and link them with services that will ultimately lead them to stabilize in housing long-term.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH SPECIALIST?
Outreach Specialists serve as one of the first points of contact for homeless clients in the Santa Barbara community. Utilizing PATH’s street outreach integrated approach, they provide both outreach, engagement and case management services to quickly assess and link clients who are currently homeless and living on the streets with supportive services. Responsibilities of the Outreach Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting persistent and frequent street outreach to develop relationships and build rapport in the interest of assisting clients with addressing barriers to obtaining services, housing and health care
- Meeting with established clients on a regular basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of their goals
- Providing street case management services by bringing services to clients in the community with the goal of linking them to long term supportive services. This includes:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining personal identification documents
- Providing employment linkages and assistance
- Housing referrals and navigation assistance
- Healthcare related assistance
- Other referrals as necessary to ensure all client needs are met
- Building relationships and collaborating with community providers for substance abuse and mental health services to ensure seamless transitions from street outreach to long-term services
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with evidence-based case management techniques including harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Are proficient with technology and computers, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Specialist must:
- Hold an Associate's Degree in a related field OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1978
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.