Case Manager V – Interim Housing
Santa Ana, CA 92704
$21 - $24/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates well-versed in case management to join our Interim Housing team as a Case Manager V at the new Yale Transitional Center in Santa Ana. This is a full-time position with a work schedule of 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm, Thursday - Sunday.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The new Yale Transitional Center is a 425 bed interim housing site that will provide shelter and supportive services for individuals experiencing homelessness in Orange County. PATH's Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
As part of the Interim Housing team, Case Managers provide on-going supportive services that assist clients in breaking the cycle of homelessness by ensuring they have access to the resources and services necessary to obtain and maintaining stable housing. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting intake and individualized needs assessments and collaborating with guests to develop an Individualized Service Plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtaining services, housing and healthcare
- Communicating with established guests on a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of ISP plans
- Facilitating psychosocial rehabilitation groups for guests as required
- Providing on-going case management support such as:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining necessary personal identification and records
- Employment assistance and linkage
- Housing referral, location, advocacy and application
- Providing linkage and coordination support for any services necessary to achieve ISP goals
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate knowledge or have experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager V must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1749
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.