Program Manager - Whole Person Wellness (WPW)
$60,000 - $68,000 Annually
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking an experienced social services leader with a proven success in serving vulnerable populations to join our team in San Diego as the Director of Housing Initiatives. This an excellent opportunity to help lead a rapidly growing organization of passionate people working to make a difference in our community!
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM MANAGER?
The Program Manager
directs the Whole Person Wellness
), Housing Specialist team in San Diego with the guidance of the Program Director. The Program Manager
will provide leadership and support to the housing specialists to ensure services are assisting the homeless by providing housing searches, supportive services to help retain permanent housing, and providing landlord mediation as tenant problems arise. The Program Manager
is also responsible for providing training and education to all program staff in the areas of mental health, crisis assessment and de-escalation, strengths-based case management planning, motivation interviewing, housing first, and other evidence based practices effective with vulnerable populations.
In collaboration with the Associate Director, the Program Manager
provides administrative and performance oversight of the WPW program to ensure successful implementation, coordination of participant services, achievement of program performance measures, and evaluation of services provided. The Program Manager
ensures successful implementation and compliance with contracts and PATH integrated service approach.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Program Management & Oversight
- You will collaborate with the Director of Programs and Regional Director, providing administrative oversight to ensure successful implementation, coordination of participant services, achievement of program performance measures, and evaluation of services provided.
- Including program monitoring by funders, responding to specific program inquiries from outside partners, collaborating with other PATH programs, and working with the Finance department to monitor program budgets.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Staff Support/Development
- Plan and review on-going workload assignments and adjust staff schedule and caseload as needed.
- Conduct weekly supervision meetings with staff, facilitate weekly case conferencing; provide regular and appropriate feedback including training, opportunities for professional growth, verbal and written improvement plans when needed, and regular evaluations.
- Program Outreach
- Educate, network, and represent programs to local agencies, coalitions, community stakeholders, Law Enforcement, City and County government, residents, and other organizations.
- Reports/ Contracts and Compliance
- This position is expected to work autonomously and conduct critical data analysis to evaluate and improve service delivery.
- Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly contract required reports.
- Work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Department to perform regular internal audits.
- Attend all monitoring site visits.
We’re looking for candidates that:
- At least 5 years of experience working in homeless services or with other vulnerable populations.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations with strong skills in staff supervision, program development and implementation and development of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with program start up preferred.
- Experience working with program funders.
- Experience analyzing program procedures and practices to identify barriers and impediments to achieving goals and making recommendations for course-correction.
- Effective time management and communication skills. Includes speaking, listening, and writing clearly using collaborative and professional communication tools and techniques.
- Strong ability to effectively resolve and cope with immediate crisis situations.
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively as an individual and part of a team.
- Strong ability to represent the interests of the agency interacts effectively with a diverse group and be comfortable building successful collaborative relationships with program participants, staff, and other stake holders.
- A highly motivated self-starter and ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks at once.
- Knowledge of maintaining and executing confidential information using HIPAA standards.
- Be flexible and adaptable and have the capability to work in a fast paced, professional environment.
For this role the ROLE a successful candidate must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have employment eligibility verification.
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license.
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties.
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage.
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1974
to submit your application. A resume is required!
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.