Outreach Case Manager V - Swing Shift
Los Angeles, CA 90004
$26.45/hr - $28.85/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking experienced candidates to join our DHS ICMS Street Services Program as an Outreach Case Manager. This is a swing shift position with a schedule of 3:00 am - 11:30 am, five days a week.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Street Outreach programs participate in daily street outreach to people experiencing homelessness and living on the streets to provide and link them with services that will ultimately lead them to stabilize in housing long-term. The DHS ICMS Program is comprised of a multidisciplinary team and conducts daily street outreach within the Los Angeles Metro transit system throughout the Metro Los Angeles region.
WHAT IS A OUTREACH CASE MANAGER?
As part of the DHS ICMS Team, the Outreach Case Manager participates in daily street outreach and serves as the central point of contact through with care and services are coordinated during the period of time that clients are living on the street. Responsibilities of the Outreach Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting daily street outreach to develop relationships and build rapport with client
- Providing street-based case management services by bringing services to clients in the community with the goal of linking them to long term supportive services. This includes:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining personal identification documents
- Providing employment linkages and assistance
- Housing referrals
- Healthcare related assistance
- Other referrals as necessary to ensure all client needs are met
- Building relationships and collaborating with community providers for substance use and mental health services to ensure seamless transitions from street outreach to long-term services
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
- Maintaining documentation standards as set forth by program contract and PATH policies
- Building relationships with prospective landlords and identifying appropriate permanent housing options
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Display the flexibility, adaptability and capability of working in a fast paced, professional environment ·
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
For this role the Outreach Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be available to work the 3:00 am - 11:30 am shift
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in a related field OR have at least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with advanced and evidence based interventions including:
- Engagement and rapport building with hard to reach clients
- Harm Reduction and Motivational Interviewing strategies
- Housing First Model
- Non-violent crisis intervention techniques
- Case management interventions proven effective with vulnerable populations
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1964
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.