Clinical Case Manager - ICMS
San Jose, CA 95112
Starting at $28.85/hr + 12% Locality Pay Differential (Approximate gross earnings starting at $32.31/hr)
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking experienced social workers with experience working with vulnerable populations to join our San Jose ICMS Program as a Clinical Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan. Our positions in San Jose also earn a 12% pay differential in addition to their base earnings.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) programs provide case management services to individuals with chronic medical conditions and co-occurring disorders who are high utilizers of the hospital and outpatient system. These services are provided in clients’ homes, shelters, on the streets or wherever clients are residing to support the clients’ stabilization in housing and making it home permanently.
WHAT IS A CLINICAL CASE MANAGER?
Clinical Case Managers work as part of the ICMS team, comprised of other case managers, housing providers, subsidy funders and community providers, by providing field-based direct client services. Responsibilities include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans and monitoring progress
- Providing strength-based case management and service coordination designed to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable housing
- Providing field-based case management services such as coaching on independent living skills, assistance with housing stabilization and benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for services needed by clients to reach their goals
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with advanced case management techniques including critical time intervention, trauma informed care, harm reduction strategies, motivational interviewing, and crisis intervention techniques
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Clinical Case Manager must:
- Hold Master’s level credentials in social services (ASW/MSW or AMFT/MFT) and have at least 1 year of experience working with vulnerable populations
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with at least 2 years of experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1872
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.