Data Specialist – Veteran Services
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $17.31/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking tech-savvy social services candidates with HMIS experience to join our Veteran Services team as a Data Specialist.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Veteran Services Programs serve Veterans and their families experiencing or at imminent risk of homelessness throughout the Los Angeles Region. The programs provide a full range of services that assist clients with obtaining and sustaining permanent housing long-term.
WHAT IS A DATA SPECIALIST?
As part of the Veteran Services team, the Data Specialist supports the program by administering and maintaining the HMIS for the program and assisting with Temporary Financial Assistance (TFA) processes. Responsibilities of the Data Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Monitoring, analyzing, and maintaining HMIS data
- Maintaining an effective working relationship with the LA County HMIS team
- Supporting the case management team by tracking at risk or homeless veterans through the HMIS
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the HMIS database softwear
- Providing training to new HMIS users including documentation and re-training on updates or changes as needed
- Preparing and completing reports as necessary in a timely fashion
- Supporting the processing procedures of the TFA program
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Are exceptionally tech-savvy and demonstrate advanced knowledge of database and Microsoft Office software
- Have at least 1 year of experience working in an administrative support role for a homeless services provider
- Effectively manage and analyze data
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, task driven, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Data Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have HMIS database experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1952
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.