Los Angeles, CA 90004
$58,240 - $60,000 annually DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with leadership experience in social services, housing navigation and homeless programs to join our Housing Partnerships Program in Los Angles as a Housing Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Housing Partnerships Program (HPP) works to develop and maintain long-term housing partnerships with landlords and properties in Los Angeles and Southern California. This includes heading the development and real-time documentation of available housing resources, providing tenant and property mediation support, and spearheading best practices to develop relationships and rapport with the landlord community.
WHAT IS A HOUSING MANAGER?
As part of the larger HPP team, the Housing Manager provides a team of regionalized Housing Specialists with supervisory support as they work to engage with the community and identify and develop permanent housing opportunities for individuals and families experiencing homelessness. Responsibilities of the Housing Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing direction regarding staffing and employee issues and conducting performance evaluations in consultation with the Associate Director
- Facilitating data collection, file audits, and periodic reports and ensuring data integrity for the program
- Providing supervision to assigned Housing Specialists to ensure program focus on unit acquisition and successful collaboration with housing providers
- Contributing to the development of the HPP unit acquisition strategy
- Providing customer service support responses for participating landlords to address any arising concerns and mediation support to resolve landlord & tenant disputes as needed
- Assisting with the coordination and execution of landlord mobilization and appreciation events
- Coordinating and providing landlord retention trainings to community partners to ensure a consistent approach to housing stability within the community
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience in property management, real estate functions, or sales
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including strong skills with Microsoft Office; Salesforce CRM experience a plus!
- Approach and solve problems with creativity and positivity
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Demonstrate knowledge of Federal and California Fair Housing and Reasonable Accommodation rules and regulations
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Have at least 2 years of experience working with social services, populations in crisis including individuals experiencing homelessness and people with disabilities, and/or education
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able to travel regionally for work and conduct field-based work on regular basis
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1954
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.