Case Manager II - Family Services Interim Housing
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Starting at $16/hr and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is currently seeking passionate and committed candidates to join our Family Services Department as a Case Manager for our soon-to-be opening Families Interim Housing site in Los Angeles's Los Feliz neighborhood.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Family Services Interim Housing Programs specifically service households who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. These programs offer temporary housing and on-going assistance tailored to the unique challenges that family units face while working to stabilize in housing.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers play a key role in the success of participating families, referred to as guests, by providing a full range of individualized and intensive case management services. The Case Manager works in collaboration with a team of service providers and the family unit in effort to obtain, stabilize and maintain housing by:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting intake and individualized needs assessments and collaborating with guests to develop an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) that addresses barriers to obtaining services, housing and healthcare
- Providing case management support such as:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Obtaining necessary personal identification and records
- Employment assistance and linkage
- Housing referral, location, advocacy and application
- Healthcare linkage
- Facilitating psychosocial rehabilitation groups for guests
- Providing a home-like environment for guests during the duration of their stay in PATH Interim Housing
- Collaborating with referring organizations to coordinate guests’ care and ensure they receive the services and support they need to achieve and maintain health, mental health, and housing stability
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPPA standards
- Have demonstrated knowledge or experience with case management techniques, including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Preferably have HMIS experience
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours, primarily evenings and/or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1946
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.